You can add a comment to a section of text, a table, or an image embedded in your Google presentation.
- Highlight the item you’d like to comment on. You can comment at the object or slide level:
- To comment on a shape, text box or other object highlight the shape.
- To comment on a slide, select it in the list of slides on the left.
- Go to the Insert menu, and select Comment. You can also use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+M(PC) or Cmd+Alt+M (Mac) to insert a comment.
- Click Comment to add it to the presentation for your collaborators to see.
Tag others in a comment
You can easily add others to a comment by typing '+' followed by a contact’s name or email address into a comment. For example, I would type @johndoe if my contact was firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contacts will auto-populate when you start typing. Adding someone to a comment will email them a notification containing the comment thread.
Adding someone to a comment will not add them to the sharing settings of the presentation. If you add someone to a comment who doesn’t have viewing or editing rights to the presentation, they will not receive a comment notification in their email inbox.
Changing discussion notification settings
You can control your discussion notifications. Click Comments in the upper right-hand corner of your presentation and select Notification settings... A dialog will open, and you can select if you’d like to receive email notifications. If you opt to receive email notifications, you can also select what type of notifications you’d like to receive.