To create a folder in your Google Drive on the web, follow these steps:
- Click the red Create button at the top left of your Google Drive.
- Select Folder from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a folder name into the text box and click OK.
- The folder will be created, and you can find it under My Drive.
Move a folder within another folder
- Select a folder in Google Drive on the web and click the Organize icon
- Select the folder(s) that you'd like to place the folder in.
- Click Apply changes.
Delete a folder from Google Drive
To delete a folder, go to My Drive and follow these steps:
- Check the box next to the folder you'd like to delete.
- Click the Trash icon .
- The folder will be moved to Trash, and all items in that folder will also be moved to Trash. If you've chosen to sync all items in My Drive, the folder will also be moved to your computer's trash bin.
If you've accidentally trashed a folder, you can recover it as long as it hasn't been permanently deleted.
Tips for using folders
- Folders can be stored hierarchically, like folders on your desktop. If you sync folders to your computer using Google Drive for your Mac/PC, the folder structure will stay the same.
- You can share folders with other people. The sharing permissions that you set for the folder will be applied to everything inside of it.
- You can change the color of your folder icons. Right click the folder title and choose Change color.